It appears as though it’s that time of year… GREEN BEAN SEASON!
Unfortunately, most people only know how to make green beans one way. But, you won’t be “most people” after this post. You’ll be the “other people.” The other people who look at a green bean and see multiple opportunities for enjoyment. I’m sure that excites you as much as it does me.
Even if you’re not excited. You should pretend. I think the more hyped we get about green beans the better this dish will taste. Not that it needs any help…
I LOVE IT.
Recipe: Green Bean and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 1-2 C Fresh Green Beans, snapped
- 1-2 medium Heirloom Tomatoes, large chop
- 4-5 pieces of Shaved Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Recommended Dressing: Toss with 1 tsp Olive Oil + then add 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Snap stems off of green beans and wash.
- Cut into 1cm pieces on an angle.
- Place green bean pieces in microwavable bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp Water and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and drain excess water.
- Add sliced heirloom tomato and toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
A Note to the Diabetics: This is a non-carb side. Several times, I get complaints that people don’t have time to cook anything for dinner. This side dish takes only 4-5 minutes to complete from start to finish. I ate this as a side dish with baked herb chicken, 1 C watermelon (15g carb) and a slice of banana bread (30g carb).